- BARREL- 50 GALLON IS BEST
- GUTTER WITH APPROPRIATE HARDWARE AND DOWNSPOUT
Often when power goes out people forget about being able to flush toilets. It is one of those things that you only think about when you can’t do it. But during emergencies this could become a very LARGE problem. An easy solution is to create a Rain Water Collector.
Now this can serve you lots of purposes in non-emergency times. You can use the water collected to water your plants in your garden, water your livestock too.
TO CREATE A RAIN WATER COLLECTOR
- Choose a location to attach the Gutters.
- Using the hardware attach the Gutters with the downspout.
- Attach the screening to the top opening of the Barrel. This will help to eliminate Mosquito and other bugs from laying eggs in the standing water.
- Position the Barrel under the drain spout and wait for the rain.
Keep in mind that you will need to check the level in the barrel from time to time to avoid the Barrel from over flowing and wasting the water. Now when you need to use this water, you can simply dip either a bucket or watering can into it.
Come Join us over at Small Footprint Friday